My name is Bernie. Welcome to my blog. If you clicked my About page, then you are a stalker just like me. I always click someone’ s About page to get to know more about them. We are twinsies! I realize that ‘twinsies’ is not a real word, but we are BFFs now so you can overlook that.
I started blogging in 2009 quite serendipitously. A friend of mine had a blog for her card design business and asked if I would consider writing some funny posts for filler on her blog. I dipped my toes into the blogging water and never looked back. When her blog went in a different direction, I started my own blog.
The name “One Mixed Bag” serves dual purposes. I collect weird purses and my blog is an eclectic mix of whatever crosses my mind when I sit to write. Wordless Wednesday’s seem to be my most popular days. I post the most bizarre and weird vintage ad I can find. Other days, I tend to share amusing tid-bits about my husband, Mr. Bernie, and our fur kids. My blog is mostly humorous with a bit of sweetness added to the mix.
Some facts about me:
- I grew up in Duluth, Minnesota and currently live in Billings, Montana.
- I help run a dog rescue called Rez Dog Rescue.
- I’m President of The Museum of Women’s History here in Billings. I do interviews for our t.v. show on local PACT t.v. I’m nosy by nature, so
grilling,er, interviewing women about their lives and passions is quite a bit of fun for me.
- I make cards through digital design. I’m lucky that some businesses carry them, both locally and out of state.
- I love Judge Judy and DVR it every day, much to the delight of my husband.
- I suck at math.
- I listen to old radio shows when I go to bed at night. I prefer the suspenseful ones from the 30?s and 40?s
Some facts about my husband:
- Mr. Bernie has a Master’s Degree in Engineering. That can bring rise to some interesting discussions. Some I understand. Others I don’t.
- Mr. Bernie is one of those Math people that can figure about anything out. I hate that.
- He is a member of The Big Sky Chorus. They sing a Capella in the barbershop style. He likes to sing A LOT.
- He is a Master Gardner and has one heck of a green thumb.
- He was in the Army for several years.
- If he didn’t cook we would starve.
Some facts about us:
- We got married in a Haunted Shack with a costume wedding in 2010. All of our guests came in costume. It is the only marriage for both of us and neither of us has kids. Talk about a rare thing these days.
- We have several fur kids which pop up in my blog from time to time. Katie, a Heeler/Coyote, who has me ghost write her blog; Patch, our Catahoula, Shepherd, Rottweiler mixed breed disabled dog; and three cats. They are: Gwynnie, a toothless old British Short hair with a scraggly voice; Abby, a black Maine Coon that is Mr. Bernie’s Puppy Cat; and Captain Luke Fuzzy Nuts the 1st. He is a solid white Turkish Angora with an attitude.
- Mr. Bernie and I own The Rubber Stamp Shop in Billings. We get to live together AND work together. There’s no need to be jealous. You might imagine how much fun that can get. Some days are much more fun than others.
- We try to have fun wherever we go and frequently do weird random things.
Thank you for stopping by. You might notice that I have weird and funny friends that occasionally post snarky comments. Fear not. They are relatively harmless. Feel free to join in. Post your thoughts as well. I do my best to reply to all of them.
If you like what you have read, then feel free to subscribe by email or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out those buttons on the upper right that will allow you to
stalk connect with me. If you are a Pintrest addict, then stalk my boards so that I can do the same for you.
After all we are now BFFs!